In 2014 the economy of the Voronezh Region demonstrated positive dynamics exceeding all-Russia parameters. Within the Russian Federation the Region continues to be among TOP 20 leaders in dynamic growth of the major index of social and economic development.
PRODUCTION OF GRP IS ESTIMATED AT ABOUT 700 BN RUBLES IN TOTAL VALUE.
Index of physical volume made 102.9% and exceeded mid-value of GDP for RF (100.6%).
Advanced branches of economic activities providing more than 60% of the produced in the Region GDP are industrial production, agriculture, construction, transport and communication, commerce.
Leading industrial productions in the Region are:
- Electric power production,
- Food products,
- Chemical production of rubber and plastic goods, transportation means and equipment,
- Machinery and equipment,
- Electric equipment,
- Electric and optical equipment, metallurgy and finished metal construction manufacturing, production of non metal mineral products.
ACCORDING TO 2014 RESULTS INDEX OF INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION MADE 107.6%.
Voronezh companies produce:
- Airbuses IL-96 (the only one in the country production of the broad fuselage long range passenger carrying air planes), planes АN-148,
- Assembling and spare parts for Airbus aviation corporation ,
- Space vehicle motors,
- Electric equipment and communication means,
- Metal bridge constructions,
- Synthetic rubber,
- Mineral fertilizers,
- Automobile tires,
- Ore-dressing equipment,
- Forming and pressing machines,
- Facing ceramic tile and ceramic granite wall materials,
- Reinforced concrete items and constructions,
Wide variety of food products, etc.
The Voronezh Region is a zone of intensive and developed agriculture production by its natural-climate and economic conditions.
- LIVESTOCK (breeding of cattle, pigs, sheep and poultry)
- CROP FARMING (wheat, rye, barley corn, sugar beet, sunflower production).
IN 2014 AGRICULTURE PRODUCTION VOLUME IN THE REGION INCREASED 0.5% AND MADE 146.1 BN RUBLES.
Gross grain collection reached 4.5 million tons (the level of 2008, the best result in the history of the Voronezh Region).
Livestock breeding has been developing at high pace. Due to investment activity in dairy breeding as minimum two milk complexes for over 2 k heads of milking herd enter into service every year.
A special meat production stock makes over 120 k heads. The Region keeps its leading position in growth of the cattle herd and dynamics of milk production volume increase.
In spite of the complicated situation in the pig market caused by special protection means against African swine fever in general the Region managed to keep a high pace of growth.
The Regional Government pursues ACTIVE INVESTMENT POLICY oriented to solving the strategic tasks of economic upgrading and renewal of the production area and its diversification.
PROGRAMME OF SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT of the Voronezh Region is valid for 2012-2016, in 2014 within this programme 78 valuable investment projects were implemented with total investment volume of 280.3 bn rubles.
ACCORDING TO 2014 RESULTS INVESTMENT GROWTH VOLUME MADE 108% (97.5% IN RUSSIAN FEDERATION).
At present within the Region there is a two-level system of industrial parks.
3 STATE INDUSTRIAL PARKS and 1 PRIVATE INDUSTRIAL PARK have already been built.
THE VORONEZH REGION HAS ONE OF THE LEADING PLACES IN RUSSIA IN NUMBER OF HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS STUDENTS (452 FOR 10 K POPULATION) AND IN NUMBER OF VOCATIONAL TRAINING EDUCATION.
The system of higher and secondary vocational education includes more than 40 HEI and branches with 117.2 K students applying all forms of training, and over 50 secondary vocational potential educational institutions with over 36 K people.
Training in Higher Education Institutions covers over